I provide a few common sense Terms & Conditions to ensure that the interests of both parties are looked after, as follows:
1. Payment of a deposit, whether for the first year's domain name and hosting fees in advance, or for website design work where applicable, shall constitute a formal agreement for me to carry out the work requested and agreed between us.
2. All deposit payments, set up fees, domain name fees, hosting fees and secure server fees are non-refundable. Invoices for domain name fees, hosting fees, and secure server fees are sent in advance and are usually sent annually. By making payment of the invoice by pressing the Pay Online button, or payment by cheque or bank transfer, the customer accepts that they are committing to that service for the period specified on the invoice and cannot cancel this agreement. Invoices for bespoke web design services are usually sent on completion of the work, as discussed and agreed with the customer.
3. All prices are shown on my website except for more specific detailed pricing, which is dependent on the amount of work involved. Such an example would be photograph compression or scanning, whereby a quoted price for this work will be provided in advance.
4. Where any quantity discount is offered and quoted in advance, changes requested to the original specifications on which the quotation was based will result in a revised quote being produced. In other words, if I quote for 50 pages and you subsequently reduce this number to 40 for example, the cost per page will increase.
5. All hosting services that include domain name fees, require the domain name to have either been purchased by The Web Builder or transferred across from the provider from which the domain was originally bought by the customer, to The Web Builder's server space for hosting. The Web Builder is not liable for any domain name fees (or transfer fees if applicable), where a customer has purchased a domain name elsewhere, until the successful transfer of that domain name. This does not affect the ownership of the domain name as the Registrant's name remains as originally specified, but The Web Builder becomes the Admin & Technical contact for that domain name, as well as looking after the appropriate domain name server (dns) settings.
6. Invoice notifications are sent electronically by email, referring you to your latest invoice on this website. A history of invoices are also available, should you need a copy for your accountant, for example. All invoices are accessed from the Prices page on this website. Payment terms are strictly 10 days from the date of the invoice. Full payment must be received within 10 days of the date of the invoice. Please remember if you pay by cheque, it can take up to 7 days for your payment to reach me, allowing for postage and clearance of the cheque.
7. No official receipt is usually issued. Clearance of a cheque or transfer of funds from a credit/debit card or bank account will be deemed acceptable as confirmation of payment. Please note however that a confirmation email will be sent when funds have been charged to a credit/debit card and that your invoice will be manually updated with the date paid and payment method, once payment has been made.
8. If payment is not received within 10 days of the date of the invoice, additional charges may be applied to cover costs incurred in recovering payment and the website to which it relates may be removed from the server.
9. All "goods" (web pages, banners, etc.) and "services" (hosting, domain name renewals, email forwarding, etc.) remain the property of The Web Builder until paid for in full as quoted and agreed. The Web Builder cannot be held liable for any loss of business as a result of "goods" or "services" being unavailable due to non-payment of an invoice.
10. The Web Builder operates under any Terms & Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy as laid out by any hosting company that I am a reseller for, and by any domain name registry through which domains are registered. All customers of The Web Builder must therefore also abide by these conditions.
11. The twbhosting Website Manager is a server-side system and remains the property of The Web Builder. It is not transferrable for hosting elsewhere.
12. If a website is not finished within 6 months from the date of the confirmation agreement due to the customer changing their mind or no longer requiring a website to be constructed, an invoice will be sent to cover costs of actual work done to date in accordance with the original agreement and quoted costs. In other words, if you change your mind, I don't expect you to pay for a completed website if I've only built a few pages of the site for you - you will only get invoiced for those pages I've worked on so far.
13. All quoted costs remain valid for a period of 6 months. Current prices, where possible, are displayed on this website.
14. The Web Builder is not responsible for the content of external websites.
15. I am a Sole Trader - Robert Fisher t/a The Web Builder - and work from home. My contact details for general enquires are as stated on my contact page of this website - including a general enquiry form, telephone number, email address and my postal address. In addition, customers of The Web Builder can contact me for customer support using the Support Request link in their twbhosting Control Panel (Help section), or by using the contact details specified on their invoice, both also available on this website, and the invoice includes my postal address and bank details, should customers wish to post me a cheque or make their payment by bank transfer, for example.
16. For those customers making payment of their invoice by credit/debit card, the Country of Merchant domicile is the United Kingdom. My home postal address in the United Kingdom is stated on all invoices, which are available on this website, immediately prior to the secure payment page.
17. All invoices are raised in United Kingdom Pounds Sterling.
18. All services are provided online, by website URL and by email, and therefore no delivery policy applies.
19. Use of the support and services of The Web Builder entirely constitutes both agreement with and acceptance of all statements in these Terms & Conditions.
Updated 11 September 2011 (points 6, 7, 15 and 16 above)